[aprssig] OT:: Jeep and Radio

David Huff david.huff at rockwellcollins.com
Thu Sep 17 16:37:50 EDT 2015

One other point to mention,
I have also had good luck investing in a 5/8-24 UNEF thread tap ($20 US).
That is the same thread as the PL-259 or N connector, which sometimes makes
for a better mounting bracket if you THREAD the hole, assuming there is
enough metal to do good threads.  Then use nuts above and below to keep it
from threading loose. Less wobble.

Dave
w0im

On Thu, Sep 17, 2015 at 6:07 AM, Bob Harris via aprssig <aprssig at tapr.org>
wrote:

> Is it true that rednecks are really re-purposing antenna racks to carry
> their rifles? I can just see the looks on the faces of certain hunters when
> they see antennas on a rack inside the Land Rover.
>
> On 9/16/2015 3:31 PM, Fred Hillhouse Jr via aprssig wrote:
>
> One other thought, use a ¼ wave for the in close work and carry a 5/8 or
> whatever when stopped. A couple of guys in my area have a Land Rover and
> they have a rack inside for carrying their antennas.
>

> --
>
> Bob Harris (K9UDX)
> Can MOTCH Katmai Henry David Thoreau UDX Bda UD (1992-2005)
> Longmeadow Bradford Torrey CD (2001-2014)
> Ch Silvercreek Gossip Girl
> Bath, NH

Thanks,
Dave

David.Huff at rockwellcollins.com
CS Reliability, Maintainability, & Safety
319.295.8949