[aprssig] New APRS Symbol Overlay Codes

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Thu Oct 29 17:57:35 EDT 2015

To keep up with the times (Drones, Lost DoD Blimps, etc), I have updated
the APRS Symbol overlay codes to accommodate the new realities…  I also
re-arranged the document into alphabetical order to make it easier to find.

http://aprs.org/symbols/symbols-new.txt

Remember, on all existing softwsare, these will just be overlay characters
on existing alternate symbols.  But any client that wants to make unique
symbols for each of these uniqe combinations are welcome to try…

I added these overlay definitions:

AIRCRAFT

A^ = Autonomous (2015)

D^ = Drone   (new may 2014)

R^ = Remotely Piloted (new 2015)

S^ = Solar Powered  (new 2015)

BALLOONS and lighter than air #O (All new Oct 2015)

/O = Original Balloon (think Ham balloon)

\O = ROCKET (2007)

BO = Blimp

MO = Manned Balloon

TO = Teathered