[aprssig] on a multi-TNC digipeater, which callsign should be traced?

Heikki Hannikainen hessu at hes.iki.fi
Mon Oct 12 01:56:53 EDT 2015

Hi,

On Sun, 11 Oct 2015, John Langner WB2OSZ via aprssig wrote:

> When the hop count of a WIDEn-n pattern gets decremented to 0, substitution
> is used instead.
>
> Some other implementations always insert, and never substitute, which can
> cause confusion about the path taken.

Hmm, what sort of confusion would it create?

I've always thought leaving the last WIDE there, marked with the used bit,
is the better thing to do. It leaves in information about what sort of
alias was used in the first place instead of hiding it. The confusion
isn't big in areas where tracing is widely implemented.

   - Hessu