[aprssig] on a multi-TNC digipeater, which callsign should be traced?

Andrew P. andrewemt at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 11 12:10:01 EDT 2015

I was just looking at the digipeat tracing code in my APRS program (YAAC), and started wondering which callsign should be used for tracing when doing a cross-band digipeat. For example, if the frame was received on the port with callsign AP0RT-1 and digipeated out both TNC's AP0RT-1 and AP0RT-2, which callsign should be used for the trace on the transmission out AP0RT-2? The receiving port (AP0RT-1)? The transmitting port (AP0RT-2)? Or both in receive-transmit order?
Just curious what the behavior should be for this.

Andrew, KA2DDO
author of YAAC