[aprssig] water level gauge for APRS

Max Harper kg4pid at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 5 00:04:24 EDT 2015

I would think the 100% humidity and condensation would kill a low end pressure sensor unless you could isolate it with a barrier of some sort, like a piece of thin rubber or silicone sheet. I also think it would take a little more electronics in between the sensor and a tracker to work correctly.
A good friend of mine (now deceased) made one (non aprs) that worked very well, logging data to a pc for many years. Calibration was one of the hardest parts, setting the offset and gain so that it read as accurately as possible. I know he had to take multiple reading and average them to get accurate readings because the moving water caused the pressure to vary quite a bit. And how do you determine what the flood stage is for a body of water at a given point? I know that his software was very complex. It's not as easy as it sounds.
Max KG4PID