[aprssig] Remote Key FOb

Steve Dimse steve at dimse.com
Thu Mar 26 18:37:38 EDT 2015

On Mar 26, 2015, at 3:21 PM, Robert Bruninga <bruninga at usna.edu> wrote:

> I need a short range wireless ON/OFF button.
> Found this for $18.
>
> http://www.allelectronics.com/make-a-store/item/rc-11/keychain-remote-control-12vdc-15-amp/1.html
>
> Anyone know of a better lower cost one?

If you have 2-3 weeks for china shipping ebay has a lot of sellers with 4 key units, bare board receiver with 4 ttl lines out for about $3.25. I have a couple of these and they work fine. Antenna-down range is around 75 feet, about doubles if you pull up the little antenna. Don't pull up the antrenna in public, it looks like something that might trigger a bomb on a bad TV show! You'd have to do your own buffer and relay if you need to switch current, but you are a pretty sharp guy...

If you need it faster there is a US seller of the same thing for a bit over $10 with free 4 day shipping.

Search ebay for "remote control arduino" (with all the maker activity around the Arduino almost all circuit components use arduino as a keyword).

Steve K4HG