[aprssig] Cool new sensor - APRS WX station

Georg Lukas, DO1GL georg at op-co.de
Wed Mar 25 05:04:48 EDT 2015

* Steve Dimse <steve at dimse.com> [2015-03-24 21:46]:
> TI just came out with a little tag device with low power bluetooth. It
> has precision humidity, temp, pressure, three axes each of
> accelerometer, gyroscope, and magnetometer in a flat package smaller
> than a credit card powered by a button battery, for $45.

This looks like an awesome device, and exactly what I was looking for to
implement mobile APRS weather stations.

The next release of APRSdroid will come with a third-party app API,
allowing to create additional APRS-based services, starting from a
read-aloud helper, including messaging / bulletin board apps and
of course also supporting WX operation. I will implement a Bluetooth LE
weather station app to show how the integration can be achieved, and
this sensor is all that is missing.

The preliminary API can be found here: https://aprsdroid.org/api/
It will be finalized in the next week or two, so now is the time to add
ideas.

73 from Germany,

Georg DO1GL
--