[aprssig] Cool new sensor

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Wed Mar 25 00:25:09 EDT 2015

My money would be on the magnetometer for linearity and long-term
stability, since you're just counting zero crossings over time.  You
don't need to worry about offset, non-linearity, or drift.  Or the
mounting position of the sensor.

And yeah, the fact that handheld anemometers are dirt cheap now is why I
didn't bother with the phone thing.

Scott
N1VG