[aprssig] Correct PSAT & igating

la3qma at aprs.la la3qma at aprs.la
Mon Jun 8 08:41:16 EDT 2015

Quoting "Nagi Punyamurthula" <n0agi at n0agi.com>:

See reply at end of e-mail

> So, related to this topic, I had a separate thread w/ the APRX user
> team and the APRX lead Ken Finnegan to explore if the current APRX
> software allows for incoming RF level filter to filter only those
> that have been digi'd by RS0ISS* call;  and then use those packets
> for igating behavior.  However, APRX does not have that support by
> design and is purpose built to disallow that feature (whether that's
>  a feature or a misfeature is debatable).
>
> FWIW
>
> ++Ken
>
> N0AGI, Nagi

hmm ok i also want to gate traffic directly from i.e ISS but also only
user traffic digipeated by i.e ISS as in RS0ISS* etc

A workaround could be to install APRSC locally and not connect to
APRS-IS and then use an PERL script injecting only spesiffic packages
to APRS-IS on a different public server.

I have a PERL script logging from APRSC to a database and this could
probably easily be modified to an "SATGATE" script. But an APRX native
function for "SATGATE" is probably less work and a more correct method.

Kai Gunter
LA3QMA