[aprssig] ARISS igated location anomaly/discrepancy

Paul Bramscher pfbram at comcast.net
Tue Jul 14 22:47:52 EDT 2015

Nagi--

Your setup has been working well lately.  Since APRS-IS de-dupes I don't
get as much "credit" for igating from my QTH any more.  Most goes into
the bit-bucket.  I'll have to get the better antenna or faster internet
connection!  ;-)

Seriously, though, I experimented with UISS for awhile a few years ago,
but wasn't quite able to get it working as well as APRSISCE/32 and YAAC.
 Either my cabling setup, rig, or somesuch.  I remain wondering how well
UISS being maintained.  Looks like a new release just came out,
according to its (very old school) web site.

As an aside, it sounds like there won't be much APRS activity on the ISS
this weekend.  They're switching over to SSTV to commemorate the 40th
anniversary of Apollo-Soyuz: http://www.issfanclub.com/node/39670.  I
got some good images last time.

73, KD0KZE / Paul