[aprssig] weak signal ISS packet (APRStt)

Steve Dimse steve at dimse.com
Fri Jan 23 12:02:04 EST 2015

On Jan 23, 2015, at 9:31 AM, Robert Bruninga <bruninga at usna.edu> wrote:

> And I am working feverishly on an APRStt for our next satellite.  Not only
> can the Kenwood and APRS radios have worldwide APRS coverage, but ANYONE
> with an HT and DTMF memory can play too.

This, on the other hand, does have potential to be fun, depending on what functions DTMF in the hands of the user can command. For example if you could ask for a report of some satellite parameters, or if you sent your callsign in dtmf and QSL comes down by voice, maybe even send predefined messages that get echoed by voice synthesis. But if you send a call and grid by dtmf and it just gets sent back via AX-25, so a ham has to check ariss.net to see if they were echoed and received by a sat gate, it won't get much use.

Steve K4HG