[aprssig] First digi versus last digi?

Andrew P. andrewemt at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 20 15:25:52 EST 2015

Greetings, all.

I'm looking at adding some more path analysis features to my APRS program, and was wondering what the consensus was regarding plotting path from original sender to first digipeater/Igate versus path from last digi/Igate to receiver. Which has more value to the user?

I ask this because my original implementation supported last digi, but this never seemed to be useful. And now I'm adding functionality to identify and guesstimate-locate stealth first digis.

Is there any need to keep last digi identification, filtering, etc.?

Just wondering how people woukd feel about that.

Andrew Pavlin, KA2DDO
author of YAAC