[aprssig] making AGWPE work with an Icom IC-7100

Dave B g8kbvdave at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 20 05:25:05 EST 2015

Dont' know if this helps.

http://www.coilgun.info/hamradio/meteor-scatter2.htm

Details using a IC-7100 with MS software (WSJT) that can only use hardware
PTT via the RTS line, and using CAT7200 to convert that to what the Icom needs.
(Neat trick!)

Also, I seem to recall from the Fldigi lists, you might need to get the software
modem to use the "Right" audio channel for TX audio, not the (usual) default of
the "Left" channel.   That might be another stumbling block, if you do get the rig
to TX, but no data goes out.

There are also comments at the bottom of John's CAT7200 page refering to
needed settings within the 7100.  :-
http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Documents/CAT7200.html

As to wayward COM ports, sometimes too high a number for some apps...
You can re-assign the com port numbers in Windows, detailed (in among other
places) at:-
https://fedorahosted.org/fldigi/wiki/Documentation/HOWTO/Windows_USBSerial

In Linux of course, you can play with "UDEV" rules.

Regards.

Dave G0WBX.