[aprssig] HF packet (Was Re: weak signal ISS packet)

Andrew P. andrewemt at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 15 08:20:09 EST 2015

Hi, Dave.

You bring up an interesting point regarding selective transmission over only one of multiple TNC connections. YAAC does properly support digipeating to avoid WIDEn-N over HF when both HF and VHF ports are available, but there's no equivalent for locally originated or Tx-I-gated messages.

How do other APRS client programs handle this issue? Or do they ignore the issue and assume you will run separate copies of the program for HF and VHF?

Andrew, KA2DDO
author of YAAC