[aprssig] Multi-satellite work

Paul Bramscher pfbram at comcast.net
Wed Jan 7 22:35:21 EST 2015

I've run a sporadic IGate station at my QTH here in Minnesota for the
past couple years.  I should probably leave it setup more often.

I've been meaning to work NO-44, but I know that my regular 2m vertical
+ D710 can't TX it properly, though I can hear that old bird.  I now
have a couple portable setups with an Arrow II, but it's too cold for me
to go outdoors with anything now.

My question -- on rare occasions I notice passes where both the ISS and
NO-44 are within likely spitting distance.  If I wanted to work both at
the same time, would I simply setup my path as something like:
"RSOISS*, W3ADO-1" or "ARISS, W3ADO-1"?  And I've read that NO-44 has
solar/battery issues.  Is there a particular time of day that I also
need to take into account?

73, KD0KZE / Paul