[aprssig] unusual Terrestrial APRS propagation

Paul Bramscher pfbram at comcast.net
Mon Aug 31 19:38:59 EDT 2015

No errors in reasoning.  I indeed heard 2m "DX" (Kansas and elsewhere to
Minnesota) -- but ONLY on 144.390 Mhz.  If 2m was genuinely open to
tropo ducting, etc. it wouldn't manifest solely on that freq.  This was
in the daytime over the weekend.  If I truly had a 300-400 mile range on
2m, broadly speaking, there would have been many distant phone
conversations elsewhere on 2m.  Instead, there were none at all.

Likely someone was just re-TX'ing internet traffic locally.

73, KD0KZE / Paul