[aprssig] unusual Terrestrial APRS propagation

pfbram at comcast.net pfbram at comcast.net
Mon Aug 31 17:34:34 EDT 2015

I heard alot of APRS stations from Kansas and elsewhere from my QTH also (same metro area as Nagi, but different corner of it).

I suspect it was just IS->RF traffic. Elated at first, but then I conducted a test -- I shut down my igate and twiddled the tunner across 2m, generally speaking.. Also set it up to scan. Didn't hear any distant 2m VHF FM voice conversations. If it was a 2m propagation anomaly, I would have expected distant phone conversations.

73, KD0KZE / Paul