[aprssig] Mobile Off-Air Display

Bill Vodall wa7nwp at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 16:44:24 EDT 2015

On Wed, Aug 12, 2015 at 1:12 PM, Charles Bland via aprssig
<aprssig at tapr.org> wrote:
> One other thing worth pointing out, as the battery voltage approaches the
> voltage on the other side of the resistor, current flow to the battery slows
> too. I doubt overcharging is an issue.

I was thinking the undercharging and shallow cycles was what damaged
my battery?   I used this scheme for an APRS tracker.  The car powered
the GPS but the battery kept the TNC and radio going.  Thus I beaconed
at a very slow rate when parked and automatically increased the
beacons when the new positions started appearing from the GPS.

Smarter beaconing in the old old days...

Bill