[aprssig] Mobile Off-Air Display

Andrew P. andrewemt at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 12 14:15:47 EDT 2015

I have a liitle sturdier setup. I xhopped the socket off a 12v cigarette lighter extension cord. It's only 16-gauge wire, so it effectively acts as a resustor for high draws. I do also use a West Mountain Radio battery isolator, which is nice because it protects both the starting and auxiliary batteries from over-discharge.
Andrew, KA2DDO author of YAAC  ("Yet Another APRS Client")http://www.ka2ddo.org/ka2ddo/YAAC.htmlmember, Chester County (PA) ARES/RACES