[aprssig] Mobile Off-Air Display

Fred Hillhouse Jr fmhillhouse at comcast.net
Wed Aug 12 09:27:24 EDT 2015

That is an interesting idea Greg! I wish my car stereo had that option.
Actually it does if I use NTSC and drive backwards everywhere. ;)

I used to think I wanted more resolution but there are trade-offs. If tiles
are used, they are 256x256. On the typical low resolution monitor, they
would occupy about a 2” square are and the info was readable. Now the tile
occupies about ½” square (7” HD) and the information is not readable without
getting close to it.

Best regards,

Fred N7FMH

  _____