[aprssig] Igate Symbol

Tim N8DEU n8deu at outlook.com
Fri Aug 7 13:39:01 EDT 2015

Please refer to:

http://www.aprs.org/symbols/symbols-new.txt

Tim - N8DEU

Sent from my Windows Phone
________________________________
From: Tom Hayward via aprssig<mailto:aprssig at tapr.org>
Sent: ‎8/‎7/‎2015 10:36 AM
To: TAPR APRS Mailing List<mailto:aprssig at tapr.org>; Bruce W. Martin<mailto:aprs at almostanywhere.com>
Subject: Re: [aprssig] Igate Symbol

On Aug 7, 2015 7:51 AM, "Bruce W. Martin via aprssig" <aprssig at tapr.org>
wrote:

> I recall that what I did was appropriate at the time and followed
convention but I cannot cite the source. My recollection was that the use
of the black diamond and I character indicated an iGate that was primarily
indicative of a receive only gate and had no digipeat or transmit
capability. The green star with the I character indicated a digipeater and
iGate and was usually used when both were 2-way capable. I am not sure what
would be appropriate for a digipeater with a receive-only iGate. It has
been a few years but I think that I had the digipeater using a different
callsign and btext so it used the green star and the iGate use the black
diamond with the I. Again, I believe that at the time it was approved best
practice and probably still is.

It has been suggested in the past to use a black diamond with R overlay to
indicate a receive-only igate.

Tom KD7LXL