[aprssig] Location-based Callsign on -IS?

Andrew P. andrewemt at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 6 21:40:10 EDT 2015

But it has to fit within a standard 6-character callsign. One of my software users asked me for an APRS-IS passcode for their tactical callsign that was seven characters long, and the APRS-IS wouldn't accept it. They had to use their real (6-character) callsign and put the tactical callsign in an object record at the same geographical position.

Andrew, KA2DDO
author of YAAC ("Yet Another APRS Client")