[aprssig] next beta build #61 of YAAC ("Yet Another APRS Client")

Andrew P. andrewemt at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 30 10:46:03 EDT 2015

Well, this is very interesting. I'll have to make a second draft of my soundsplugin to support this Kenwood square-bracket notation.
My implementation allows the user to configure different sound effects for each event type, such "message addressed to your station" or "your object was taken over by another station". One of the choosable options for an event type is to send a formatted string to the text-to-speech program with substitutions from parts of the message. For example, the default format for the MESSAGE_TO event in speech mode is "from {SENDER}, {MESSAGE}", where SENDER means to spell out the sender's callsign in standard phonetics, and MESSAGE means to speak the text of the APRS text message. There are several other macros which can be placed into the format string, and a format string can be nothing but macros.
I'll add support for the Kenwood word codes and an option to spell rather than pronounce the message if it starts with "%".
Andrew, KA2DDO