[aprssig] T/CT on Kenwood

la3qma at aprs.la la3qma at aprs.la
Wed Apr 1 02:44:26 EDT 2015

Quoting "Steve Noskowicz" <noskosteve at yahoo.com>:

>  Also, The D7 and D700 had an "AI" (Auto Information) command.  When
> envoked >(AI 1), the radio processor wound spit out the serial port
> versions of >whatever commands were executed on the front panel.  If
> you can figure out if >the D72 / D710 has this feature, then you can
> play with the "Split Tone" >commands on the front panel and see
> what dribbles out the serial port... I >have no 72, or 710 so can't
> play and am getting ready for a big Mr. Wizard >style science demo
> show anyway... --

> Regards, Steve Noskowicz

You can read almost all of the settings from the TM-D7x0 and TH-D72
but not as an automatic feed like the TH-D7/TM-D700

For the TH-D72/TM-D710 you have to poll the settings. You can read the
menu settings, memories, vfo settings etc.

So almost any function can be read out from the radio and also be
configured using the commands.

Kai Gunter
LA3QMA