[aprssig] APRS Mobile 1.0 Released for iPhone/iPad

John Gorkos jgorkos at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 21:32:10 EDT 2014

Ding ding ding ding!  We have a winner!  THIS is how we should be doing
authentication on new clients.  ARRL LotW certs.  The ARRL does the hard
work, we just trust them to get it right.  Infinitely better than the
'passcode' system, and not exceptionally difficult to do, especially if
you bake it in to new code.  Extensible, as additional cert authorities
come online (RGSB?  The Germans?) we just add their certs as trusted to
the server.

I'm with you Javier.

John Gorkos