[aprssig] APRS Mobile 1.0 Released for iPhone/iPad

Steve Dimse steve at dimse.com
Mon Sep 22 21:03:40 EDT 2014

On Sep 22, 2014, at 7:50 PM, Javier Henderson <javier at kjsl.org> wrote:

> There is already code in place, aprsc supports it and some of us are using it on tier 2 servers and hubs. The well known APRSdroid app supports SSL as well, and KD7LXL wrote a wiki page once on using stunnel to allow just about every APRS-IS client to use certs.
>
> So we’re not just talking about it, but every time we bring it up you try to shut it down.

I'm not truing to "shut it down", I'm trying to make it clear that this is a lock on the front door of a house without a back door. Yes, you can use certs instead of a passcode, but I can put a packet on the APRS IS that looks exactly like a packet you have sent through your cert mechanism. So this accomplishes nothing.

If you disagree, exactly how is this system more secure?

Steve K4HG