[aprssig] APRS Mobile 1.0 Released for iPhone/iPad

Steve Dimse steve at dimse.com
Thu Sep 18 13:32:43 EDT 2014

On Sep 18, 2014, at 11:44 AM, Tom Hayward <esarfl at gmail.com> wrote:

> What methods does it support for authentication? You say it connects
> directly to APRS-IS, so I suspect it supports passcode authentication.
> What about SSL, like APRSdroid?

This is exactly like putting a $500 lock on the front door of a house that has a back door that will not even close. You might feel better for having done something, but if you feel better you are deluding yourself -  the contents of the house are not a single bit more secure.

Unless there is a new APRS IS protocol you are doing nothing but wasting time.

Steve K4HG