[aprssig] Simple Network Paging Protocol to APRS Gateway

Andrew P. andrewemt at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 17 21:12:31 EDT 2014

One concern about this, is that it doesn't do any excuse at authentication to confirm the person sending a message is a licensed amateur radio operator, so it could allow unlicensed users to transmit to RF. The APRS-IS backbone's passcode mechanism may not be the strongest, but at least it slows down attackers a little bit and requires them to at least claim to be licensed. As this SNPP daemon is implemented now, it leaves the licensee of every transmitter this daemon can get to at risk.

Andrew, KA2DDO