[aprssig] [aprsisce] North America M0XER-4

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Mon Sep 1 08:57:29 EDT 2014

PCSAT also downlinks on 144.39 all over the world.  Most people never hear
it due to QRM, but campers in the wilderness might hear it 4 or 5 times a
day.

THOUGH it is mostly not decodable, because the 13 year old battery is
mostly dead and cannot sustain the full 1 second long burst.  It usually
dies well before the end of each packet.  Only during passes during mid-day
once every month or so is the sun angle right on its best solar panel to be
able to complete a packet.

You can see PCSAT's successful packets on http://pcsat.aprs.org

All of those signals are heard on 145.825 (it has 2 transmitters).  But if
you want to compare IGates, some of those packets could be coming in via
144.39 igates too.

Bob, WB4APR