[aprssig] New Icons for APRS software?

Heikki Hannikainen hessu at hes.iki.fi
Thu May 22 17:50:07 EDT 2014

On Thu, 22 May 2014, SARTrack Admin wrote:

> Can I get a copy to test with (test only)?

I'd like to test it a bit myself, and adjust, before releasing for
external tests. I don't generally like releasing unfinished art, or other
stuff I'm not quite happy with yet. And I'd actually like to release it
first on aprs.fi, I hope you understand. :)

> My program also uses 16x16 at the moment (Windows XP, 7, 8) and while 18x18
> may be an option, larger would really take to much space on the map.
> I would like to see what happens when the 24x24 gets reduced to 16x16 or
> 18x18.

I can safely assure you that it will look horrible (24x24 => 16x16).

Downscaling should be done from significantly higher resolution than the
target, and even then, direct rendering from the vector version is still
better (no aliasing or other issues to worry about). Adding a new
resolution requires just adding '16' or '18' in the resolutions list
of my Illustrator export javascript. I'll try it later.

   - Hessu, AF5QT