[aprssig] program for linix

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Wed May 21 19:44:07 EDT 2014

- sent from my mobile phone
On May 21, 2014 5:24 PM, "Erv Heimbuck" <erv at heimbuck.com> wrote:

> I am currently running my igate using uiview but am thinking of going to a
> linix platform for my Igate and also my website.  Does anyone have a
> recommendation for a linix igate program and also which flavor of linix

For a stsnd-alone igate w/o maps, dixprs or aprx will do.  For an igate
plus mapping display, messaging, etc., Xastir and YAAC will run natively in
Linux, and APRSIS32 runs well under Wine.

Given Ubuntu just released a long term support version last month, that
would be my recommendation.  I prefer the lighter weight Xubuntu flavor.

Lee - K5DAT