[aprssig] program for linix

wb2osz at comcast.net wb2osz at comcast.net
Wed May 21 18:06:34 EDT 2014

>   I am currently running my igate using uiview but am thinking of going to a
linix platform ...

My favorite is "Dire Wolf," but I'm biased.  :-)

I'm currently using a Raspberry Pi for a digipeater / IGate.  As an extra bonus, it acts as a TNC for use with Xastir, APRSISCE32, YAAC, SARTrack, etc.  when I want to run them on a bigger computer.

Why dedicate a full size computer and waste hundreds of watts of power for something running 24x7?  The savings on your electric bill would pay for the new hardware.