[aprssig] Interesting Joint Venture between Hams and Industry

John Gorkos jgorkos at gmail.com
Tue May 20 15:41:19 EDT 2014

The long version:

http://www.arrl.org/news/view/oklahoma-grant-will-fund-amateur-radio-based-skywarn-location-tracking-system

The Short Version:
The East Central Oklahoma Electrical Coop is granting $3700 to Oklahoma
Skywarn hams for the purchase and installation of an IGate, several
digis, and some mobile APRS stations to be deployed alongside active
skywarn volunteers during storm-spotting missions.

I'd really like to see the grant proposal they used, since it seems like
something that could be replicated across the country.  I just noticed
that one of my elmers from 25 years ago, Ben Joplin, WB5VST, was listed
as key to getting this done. I'll see if I can pry it out of him.

John Gorkos
AB0OO