[aprssig] APRS CSMA Settings

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Tue May 20 16:23:34 EDT 2014

On 5/20/2014 4:05 PM, Robert Bruninga wrote:
> Not at all.  That is connected packet.  The whole reason for APRS was to
> get away from that very inefficient way of using packet...
>
> Bob

This statement would appear to be completely irrelevant to the original comment
below.

APRS messaging may not be "connected", but the sending station DOES continue
trying repeatedly to send the message if it doesn't get an ack.

You are the one that keeps casigating UIview for NOT using the decaying retry
algorithm, so you do seem to acknowledging that APRS clients should be making
multiple retries until either ACK or timeout.....