[aprssig] A new player

SARTrack Admin info at sartrack.co.nz
Mon Mar 10 14:12:04 EDT 2014

On 11-03-2014 05:17, Gregory A. Carter wrote:
 > Add forced upgrade for these types of problems.
 >
 > If it has internet then the app can check a remote config to determine
 > if there is a new version available and force the user to upgrade it.
 >
 > Greg

Automatic Updates: My SARTrack program check for updates on startup,
using a sepparate update program. Asks the user, then one click and
automatic ftp update is in progress (for a range of files, including the
update program itself). Restart of the program will update all.
Because it is still in Beta, the program will _expire_ after 3 months,
and won't run anymore, this forces people to update regardless.

Re flooding, I added AIS decoding a short while ago, with capability to
forward to Internet. These AIS vessels really pump out the position
reports at a huge rate.

I am right now in the progress of rate-limiting the forwarding of AIS
packets to not more than 1 per 60 seconds per station, to ease the load
on the APRS servers. That is easy enough.

I do agree with some other posters that a rate-limiting system on the
APRS-IS servers could be incorporated for massive floods like this.

Bart

--

SARTrack Developer and CEO