[aprssig] [APRS] APRS CQ FD tomorrow!

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Sat Jun 28 07:36:04 EDT 2014

Yes, there is a difference between ANSRVR and CQSRVR and no, they are
not connected together.

CQSRVR is the original server and is designed for calling "CQ" and then
listening for a while.  It has a limit on how frequently you can send a
message to the group and requires that you must send a message to remain
a member of the group to receive messages.

ANSRVR is the new server and is designed for sending announcements to an
interested group.  There is (currently) no limit on how frequently you
can send a message to the group (designed for multi-message information
passing aka announcements) and there is a feature to allow quietly
monitoring a group (renewing your group membership without sending a
message).

Bob seems to forget that ANSRVR exists and falls back to his original
CQSRVR documentation, although besides the differences above, they both
accept the same commands.  I monitor ANSRVR's FD year-round, but try to
remember to join CQSRVR's FD group on field day only.

Oh, and they both should have ack'd your CQ FD.  Which one didn't?