[aprssig] "Smart" vs. "dumb" trackers

Andrew Pavlin AndrewEMT at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 23 17:01:34 EDT 2014

I'm the original poster.

Just FYI, I did say that message reception/display at the tracker was a "plus", not mandatory.

But since apparently the Argent OpenTracker USB can do all of my original requests (including the "plus" items), looks like there is at least one device that can do the job other than the Kenwood and Yaesu HT's (and actually do it better by being a canned tracker instead of an HT with too many buttons for the end-user to screw up). But can it do it cheaper?

Andrew, KA2DDO