[aprssig] [APRS] DIGIPEATER Callsigns (by location)

Fredric Moses fred at moses.bz
Fri Jul 18 11:09:33 EDT 2014

I switched all of the Digi/Igates we run here in michigan to "tactical"
based callsigns from the sheer fact of I was running out of -ssid's on my
callsign and my club callsign...  Not to mention when watching the scroll
it makes troubleshooting much simpler to see the packet paths based on
name...   And as I am not the only one in our group taking care of the
fleet everybody knows what  HOLLY,HOLAND just by watching it... But
W8FSM-5,W8FSM-2 isn't always clear to others.... And this is as we are
watching raw packets not looking at maps or clients..  I did just get a
D710 and it's nice that it shows the name of the site right on the screen
that was digied off from..

We made these changes back in 08 and haven't looked backed since..

--
Fredric Moses - W8FSM - WQOG498
fred at moses.bz