[aprssig] [APRS] DIGIPEATER Callsigns (by location)

SARTrack Admin info at sartrack.co.nz
Fri Jul 18 07:56:26 EDT 2014

On 18/07/2014 13:35, David Andrzejewski wrote:
> This isn't really different than what we do with objects (like frequency
> objects) today.

Yes it is, because both the 'From' callsign and the Object name are in
known locations, and it is possible (but a pain in the neck) to
sepparate all the identical Objectnames by pairing them with the 'From'
callsign, that is, the owner of the Object.

This is NOT possible if the 'From' callsign is a non-unique name, and
the actual 'From' callsign is added somewhere in a non-standard location
in the Information field.

And note that, if a Station would also use this system, and it transmits
an Object, than it becomes even more nasty to try to find out to whom an
Object belongs to. However, I think Bob just wanted to do it with
Digipeaters... but then, where is the limit?

Bart

--

SARTrack Developer and CEO