[aprssig] Here we go again...sigh

Kenneth Finnegan kennethfinnegan2007 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 16:52:16 EDT 2014

On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 9:14 AM, Jeff Dugas (Mobile)
<N5TEV at compuserve.com> wrote:
> NOTHING at 38,000+ feet should have any path. This is pure abuse.

Fine. So how are users supposed to know this? Where in the APRS spec
does it say anything more specific than "use your best judgement"?

We've been finding examples of people making bad path choices and
bemoaning them on this mailing list for a decade, but how were they
supposed to know? If we don't give any specific guidance to users, how
can we expect them to always make their own choices that agree with
our judgement?
--
Kenneth Finnegan, W6KWF
http://blog.thelifeofkenneth.com/