[aprssig] Off computer for a while

Brett Friermood brett.friermood at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 21:53:11 EST 2014

On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 4:05 PM, Steve Dimse <steve at dimse.com> wrote:
> I was outvoted, but I still like the LED font. No doubt it is because I've been looking at data for so many years with LED numbers it feels natural, and it has much less glare at night. If anyone agrees:
>
> http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/led.cgi?call=K4HG-2

If I remember correctly the first LED example was hard to read. I very
much like this one. I'm thinking it may have something to do with
viewing the first one on IE8 at work, which fails with just about
everything, versus using Chrome on debian here at home.

Having a URL switch to change the millibars to inches of mercury (in
Hg) would be nice. As a weather measurement I have no clue what a
millibar is, but I do understand inches of mercury. I'm sure some
other American trained pilots would agree.

One thing that threw me off was the "24h" link next to the clock.
Given that the clock was in AM/PM I assumed it was to change to a 24
hour format, but upon clicking it I learned it was to get to the last
24 hours of data. Not necessarily a bad thing, just not extremely
intuitive. Also a little curious why the clock is in AM/PM? 24 hour
time seems to me to be an unwritten standard for most things.

The mobile version worked well once I followed your second email (no
.cgi) on Android 4.1.2 on a Pantech Marauder.

Brett KQ9N