[aprssig] Garbage characters inserted by digipeater ON0LN-10

Arno Verhoeven pe1icq at sharon.esrac.ele.tue.nl
Fri Feb 7 10:39:25 EST 2014

Hi Guys,

Looking on aprs.fi I noticed that every now and then there are random
characters added to my status or beacon text. I checked my raw packets
(PE1ICQ-9) and saw that this only happens when they passed through
ON0LN-10. Checked a few other stations in the vicinity of ON0LN-10 and
also their raw packets have the garbage characters inserted by (?) ON0LN-10.

Does anybody know what could be the cause of this? Is this a known
configuration issue?

Thanks.

73, PE1ICQ
Arno Verhoeven