[aprssig] Metric units

Steve Dimse steve at dimse.com
Sat Feb 1 15:51:15 EST 2014

On Feb 1, 2014, at 2:13 PM, la3qma at aprs.la wrote:

> Wind is usually m/s and rain in mm.

findU always reported metric rain in cm, and I’ve never heard a complaint. I report wind textually as kps with m/s in parens. That happened because the when I first added metric support to wxpage way more than 10 years ago there was not a consensus among the users in different metric countries and it developed into quite an argument. Maybe that has changed so I’ll reconsider.

If you live in a metric country please email me with the country and the units used (and I’m talking about by the public, like on news programs, not by professional meteorologists) for wind speed, rain, and barometric pressure.

No matter what I will eventually add options for each unit to be whatever you want, but I need to know what to put as defaults for units=metric.

Thanks, Steve