[aprssig] Fwd: [APRS] URGENT HELP NEEDED IN EASTERN VIRGINIA

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sat Feb 1 13:49:25 EST 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: PaulY <paul at mtnlist.com>
Date: Sat, Feb 1, 2014 at 1:30 PM
Subject: [APRS] URGENT HELP NEEDED IN EASTERN VIRGINIA
To: APRS at yahoogroups.com

K4WCU-11 is a balloon launched by the Physics Department at Western
Carolina University in Cullowhee, North Carolina.

An as-yet undetermined inflation error resulted in underinflation of the
balloon, and slower than expected ascent.  As of this moment, it is at
approximately 67,000 feet near Keysville, still climbing, and heading 88
degrees at 63 MPH.  The current track passes over Petersburg.

The balloon may burst over the ocean, or over eastern Virginia. Should it
wind up on land, help with recovery from APRS-equipped hams in the area
would be greatly appreciated.

The equipment package(s) are marked with contact information.

For further information, email me at paul at mtnlist dot com, or call me at 828
400 9442.

73 de W4SKI

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional