[aprssig] Help - need windows GPS/NMEA sim

Dave B g8kbvdave at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 11 13:31:29 EST 2014

That'll be:-
http://homepage2.nifty.com/k8/gps/index.htm#004

Then.   Looks good.  Lots of other usefull looking stuff there too.

There is a very good example program, you can download from the Lazarus
Project pages, created by a character who goes by the name of "Jurassic Pork"!

His "LazSerialPort" component to be precise.
It, and it's author can be found at:-
http://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org

It's mainly to illustrate his Serial (COM) port driver code, but it does a very good
job as a GPS simulator, sending (and receiving) over the serial ports.

Best of all, it, and Lazarus are free, and also cross platform (though as yet, I've
not got Laz' working on Linux.)

Oh, and you also get the sources.   I can mail direct the resulting .exe and
related stuff if you need.   Works great on Windows 7, 32 and 64 bit, with USB to
serial converters too.

73.

Dave G0WBX.