[aprssig] Vicinity plotting of stealth digipeaters

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Thu Dec 11 11:26:43 EST 2014

Good idea.  But if you are going to average the positions to try to figure
out the position of a BLIND digi, then better not to plot it with 10 mile
ambiguity, but more like 1 mile so that you actually get to see the
solution of the average.  Plotting it with 10m ambiguity would place the
actual symbol somewere randomly within a 400 square mile box.

But again, that is only plotting the “solution”.  In that case, it should
be a definite different symbol and name from the actual digi and name which
might be misleading.

If one is going to plot the actual digi and name, then 10 mile ambiguity
might be OK.

Kinda depends on how it will be used.

P.S.  PSAT nearing launch will be reporting its position in 60 mile
ambiguity (1 degree) so I hope most softare is OK with that.

Bob