[aprssig] New icon images

SARTrack Admin info at sartrack.co.nz
Fri Aug 22 01:11:49 EDT 2014

I see that you actually rotate your icons... Its a nice idea, and when
it comes to an airplane icon, which is an arrow anyway, that looks logical.
But when it is a car, you only only have to rotate it, but also flip it
when it goes in the oposite direction of the original drawing.
And how do you deal with icons which realy should never rotate (house),
but the direction data may not be exactly zero (and this may happen). Do
you have additional data attached to an icon saying, 'never rotate'?

In my Windows program, I would have to completely rewrite the way Icons
are stored and drawn, to make anything like that possible..

PS, changing the format of the icons is extremely simple:
This incredible Image viewer and manipulation program,
http://www.irfanview.com/ can batch-convert anything in a few seconds
(and its free).
I use it all the time.

Bart

On 22/08/2014 06:25, Heikki Hannikainen wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Aug 2014, Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) wrote:
>
>> On 8/21/2014 4:23 PM, Heikki Hannikainen wrote:
>>>
>>> I've mostly finished the work on a new symbol set. I'll release it
>>> first on aprs.fi (pretty soon), and then open-source the data. The
>>> new ones look pretty good on modern displays, even when rotated as
>>> bitmaps:
>>>
>>> https://twitter.com/aprsfi/status/502348470465097728
>>
>> So are they only going to be bitmaps or will they be available in a
>> vector form as well?
>
> They'll come with source code (vector form, .ai), so that they can be
> edited and developed further, and exported again in other resolutions.
>
>    - Hessu

SARTrack Developer and CEO