[aprssig] Need A GOOD USB<--> Serial Dongle? - Great Deal

Mike George mgeorge at tuffmail.us
Fri Aug 15 04:55:54 EDT 2014

I agree with Bob's positive comment for real Prolific adapters.

I have been using 2 Pluggable brand adapters:

http://www.amazon.com/Plugable-Adapter-Prolific-PL2303HX-Chipset/dp/B00425S1H8/ref=lh_ni_t?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3HIHADV23VGU1

for a few years now with Linux, XP, and Windows 7 machines and have
never had a problem
with them.  I also have some older cables that I forgot the brand of ( I
believe one was Belkin) that I have never had problems with and they
still work with the latest drivers.

Mike George
N3MUY