[aprssig] Proof that WIDE2-1 works just fine, here's the track from Oshkosh, WI to NH:

Cap Pennell cap at cruzio.com
Tue Aug 5 10:59:24 EDT 2014

Good point, Kriss; mobile stations setting a path of only one digipeater hop
is enough to serve most of their "actually-interested audience members."
In mountainous California, only WIDE1-1 is a better path choice than only
WIDE2-1 because so many of our high elevation digipeaters are now setup as
"WIDE1-1 only" digipeaters (which are heard by a IGate).

73, Cap KE6AFE