[aprssig] New-N paradigm and LOCALINFO Freq Objects

E.J. Caylor caylorman at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 08:59:29 EDT 2013

I hate to add to the bandwagon, but I have to agree with Lynn, Stephen, and
Ian.  It seems to me that the "rules" are a good starting point, but need
to be adapted to the network at hand.

Another point to consider: Sourcing the local object at the digi is fine
ASSUMING the digi has the ability to transmit multiple Beacon texts.  I've
set up digis with TNC's that I've had on hand (PK-96, PK-88) that only have
one beacon text available.  In that instance, it was used to ID the digi
every 30 minutes or so.  The only way that I could add local objects to the
RF network in my location at the time was to source them from my home
station.  Of course, this wasn't as big of a deal, because the location I
was in at the time had a fairly quiet RF network.  If it wasn't in as quiet
of a network, my thoughts tend to agree with Lynn's on the subject.

E.J.

--
E.J. Caylor, KK9EJ
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90520235@N03/